Thursday 24 June 2021

Rainbow paper

aim: to separate colours by using the processing of chromatography

Definition: chromatography is a method of separating out materials from a mixture using liquid 

Materials:

1. boiling tube

2. pen marker

3. Water

4.: filter paper

5. scissors.

6. Test tube stand 

7.Ruler

8. pencil

Process

Step 1. Cut up fliter paper into strips ready to write on with felt pens

Step 2. Rule a line 1cm from the bottom of the paper strip

Step 3. put 8ml of water into the bottom of the boling tube

Step 4. Draw two coloured pen dots on the pencil line

Step 5. Drop paper strip into the boling tube and once its touching the bottom of the water you can crease the top of the paper over.

defntions:

caplillary :

Flitter paper:

solvent:



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

activity 1

Kia ora,today during class time I have been having a look at the summer learning journey here is my work for activity 1 where you find a pic...

kaley