Friday 14 May 2021

Parihaka

                       Dear readers,

This blog is about parihaka movement/protest, My class and I had to make a slide about the story of parihaka. 

          Here is the story

In the 1870s and 1880s, Parihaka was the site of New Zealand's most visible episodes of peaceful protest when two Maori leaders, Te Whiti and Tohu  used passive resistance methods to occupy Maori land that the colonial government had confiscated.

                                  Here is my slide 




1 comment:

  1. Good to see your overview of the issues at Parihaka. Before you post your Friday Blog, get your teacher to help you edit your work so that you can make your interesting and informative facts more user-friendly for the reader. Proper nouns like Parihaka must begin with capital letters to give your work credibility. Great to see you include your slides. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

activity 1

Kia ora,today during class time I have been having a look at the summer learning journey here is my work for activity 1 where you find a pic...

kaley