Tuesday 9 March 2021

Earthquake intense

 Earthquake - INTENSE - 5 March 2021 

Click on this link, then complete the activities that follow


NZ Quake Live


What does the tallest red line represent? The strength.

Click on that red line to access further information about the earthquake.

Record the key facts beside the following headings:


Strength: intense

Date and Time:5 march 2:27 am

Address:105km east of Te Araroa 

Latitude:-37.424800

Longitude:179.539300

Magnitude:7.11

Energy:695 kilo tones

Depth: 89.53

  1. What is the definition of INTENSE as it applies to this ‘quake?It's an extreme force,degree and strength.Buildings,bridges,and other structures can collapse. 

  2. How far was it from your home?1,174 km away

  3. Was a Tsunami Warning issued? If so, copy and paste it here: if so copy and paste this site.This link

  4. Any Heroes emerging from this earthquake? Make a list of heroes you can identify over the next few days.you can make a list of heroes you can Identify them over the few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

activity 1

Kia ora,today during class time I have been having a look at the summer learning journey here is my work for activity 1 where you find a pic...

kaley